HomepageAbout HillsboroughCalendarCity GovernmentContact UsSite IndexSearch
IconHomepage > About Hillsborough :: Questions and AnswersE-mail storyPrint friendly format

Elections, Voting & Legal Issues


How and where do I register to vote?
Forms are availble at Town Hall or from the San Mateo County Registrar of Voters.

How can I place an initiative on the ballot?
Contact the County of San Mateo.

How can I see all the municipal laws?
The entire Hillsborough Municipal Code is posted on this website.

Municipal Code

How do I run for public office?
Council elections are held in even numbered years.  Contact the City Clerk for additional information.  Contact the County of San Mateo regarding elections to other offices.

1600 Floribunda Ave
CA 94010

Phone: (650) 375-7412

Click to View

How do I vote by absentee ballot?
Contact the Registrar of Voters.

I want to get divorced.
Contact the County of San Mateo.

I want to get married.
Contact the County of San Mateo.

I want to know more about the city ordinances that concern my property.
All ordinances are contained within the Hillsborough Municipal Code, which is available on this web site.  Regulations which relate to development are contained in the Planning Departments "Development Standards", which are also available on this website.

Click to View

When are the next elections?
The Registrar of Voters schedules elections.

The Town of Hillsborough 1600 Floribunda Avenue, Hillsborough, CA 94010 (650) 375-7400
Copyright © 1997-2014 The Town of Hillsborough. All rights reserved.Powered by