HomepageAbout HillsboroughCalendarCity GovernmentContact UsSite IndexSearch
IconHomepage > About Hillsborough :: Questions and AnswersE-mail storyPrint friendly format

Bills, Fees, Licenses, Certificates & Taxes


Can I pay a city bill online?
Not at this time.

Do I need a license to work from home?
For more information about home occupation permits, please contact the Finance Department.

Phone: (650) 375-7400

Click here for information about Home Occupations

How much does a business license or permit cost?
Click link below.

Phone: (650) 375-7400

Click link to Finance

I have a question about a bill / invoice from the Town.
Please contact Finance Department.

Phone: (650) 375-7400

Finance Department's webpage

I have a question about my property or real estate taxes.
Tax bills are issued by the County of San Mateo Auditor-Controller's Office.

Phone: (650) 363-4142

Auditor-Controller's Office Website

I haven’t received my water bill this month.
Hillsborough bills every other month for water service.  If you have not received a bill please contact the Finance Department.

Phone: (650) 375-7402

Click to View

I need a copy of a birth or death certificate.
Contact the County Recorder

I need a marriage license / certificate.
Contact the County Recorder.

My gas or electric bill is wrong.
Contact PG&E.

Phone: 1 (800) 743-5000

PG&E's webpage

My water bill is wrong.
Contact the Finance Department.

1600 Floribunda Ave
CA 94010

Phone: (650) 375-7402

Map to Town Hall
Finance Department Link

What licenses do I need to start a business?
A business license is required for all persons engaged in business activities in Hillsborough.  Home Occupation permits are required if the business is located within a residence.

Phone: (650) 375-7400

Click here for more information about business licenses.

Where can I get a handicapped / disabled person parking permit or license plate?
Please contact the Department of Motor Vehicles.

For DMV information about disabled person placards and plates

Where can I get help with my car registration?
Contact the Department of Motor Vehicles.

Click for the DMV's website

Where can I renew my driving license?
Contact the Department of Motor Vehicles.  The DMV now offers on-line appointments at most offices.

Click to see the DMV's website

The Town of Hillsborough 1600 Floribunda Avenue, Hillsborough, CA 94010 (650) 375-7400
Copyright © 1997-2014 The Town of Hillsborough. All rights reserved.Powered by