HomepageAbout HillsboroughCalendarCity GovernmentContact UsSite IndexSearch
IconHomepage > ... > Police > Help Links :: Motor Driven VehiclesE-mail storyPrint friendly format

Motor Driven Vehicles

Vehicles such as mini-bikes, go-carts, trail bikes or any converted vehicle with a gas motor must be fully licensed and the operator must carry a valid driver's license and registration slip when on any portion of the public roadway or shoulder whether the engine is turned on or not. Riding on your own property is permitted, provided there are no complaints of noise. Driving on other's private property requires special license plates and a liability waiver. The Fire Department may also prohibit riding in fire-prone areas. Anyone 15 years of age or older with a learner's permit or driver's license can own and ride a motorized bicycle (with 20 or less horsepower) once the bicycle has been registered with the State Department of Motor Vehicles. Use of approved safety helmets is mandatory.

The Town of Hillsborough 1600 Floribunda Avenue, Hillsborough, CA 94010 (650) 375-7400
Copyright © 1997-2014 The Town of Hillsborough. All rights reserved.Powered by