- You Are Here:
- City Manager
City Manager's Office
The City Manager has administrative responsibility and authority to see that the laws and ordinances of the town are duly enforced. She is responsible for managing and giving direction to all department heads except the City Attorney. The City Manager is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the City Council.
Major responsibilities of the the City Manager include:
- Represents the town with other governmental agencies
- Recommends adoption of ordinances and resolutions to execute the City Council's policies
- Advises the City Council of the town's financial condition and operational issues
- Prepares an annual budget and Capital Improvement Plan
- Exercises general supervision over all public buildings, parks, and other public property under the control of the town
- Appoints or removes employees of the town
The City Manager's Office includes the City Manager, Human Resources Manager, City Clerk and two Senior Management Analysts. Please see the Town's organizational chart (PDF) for more information.
Network, desktop support and various information technology management services are contracted out with the City of South San Francisco. The City Manager's office overseas the contract and is responsible for managing all the financial applications including payroll, accounting, purchasing and utility billing as well as the internet applications.