The Engineering Division of Public Works assists in the planning, design, and management of the town's public infrastructure, which includes streets, storm drainage, and sewer and water conveyance systems. This includes:
- Project management, of the town's infrastructure Capital Improvement Program (CIP)
- Land development, including subdivision and parcel map review
- Site development, including encroachment permits and grading permits
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) compliance, for public and private projects
A grading permit is required for grading on a lot having a slope greater than 15% or if material is imported or removed from the property. Applications for grading permits should be accompanied by 3 sets of plans prepared by a registered Civil Engineer. Grading permit applications should be submitted to the Building Department (PDF):
1600 Floribunda Ave.
Hillsborough, CA 94010
The town adopted its standard details for Water, Sanitary Sewer, Storm Drain, and Street construction projects in July of 2013 and updates them from time to time. Links to each section of the town's most recent Standard Details document are provided below:
Encroachment Permit Forms & Handouts
- Application for Encroachment Permit (PDF)
- Slurry Fee Handout (PDF) (HMC 12.04.130 Street Preservation)
Handouts & Forms
Benchmarks and Monuments
The Town recently completed a datum upgrade project which cataloged and recovered existing survey monuments and benchmarks within the Town and related them to the North American Vertical Datum of 1988 (NAVD88). Additionally, new monuments were installed at an appropriate density to facilitate future surveying work in Town. Information on all Town benchmarks and monuments can be downloaded and viewed in Google Earth by clicking the link below.
- Benchmarks and Monuments (PDF) *Download file and open with Google Earth application