List of Licensed Businesses
Residents who wish to verify if someone they hire to perform services for them has obtained the required Town of Hillsborough Business License can check our List of Licensed Businesses (PDF).
Ordinances & Fees
- Business License Tax Schedule (PDF)
- Title 5 - Business Taxes Licenses and Regulations (PDF)
- 2013-2014 Business License Resolution (PDF)
The purpose of this article is to provide for the establishment and levying of license taxes for the carrying on of certain businesses, trades, professions, callings and occupations in the city. This article is enacted solely to raise revenues for municipal purposes and is not intended for regulation. (Ord. No. 411, 1985)
- Alarm Security Business License Application (PDF)
- Annual Realtor Business Licensing Registration (PDF)
- Businesses that Must Obtain Building Permits for Specific Work Projects in the Town Business License Application (ie: Contractors, Sub-Contractors) (PDF)
- Businesses that Do Not Require Building Permits Business License Application (ie: Architects, Designers, Gardeners, other Professional Services) (PDF)
- Home Business Permit Application (PDF)
- Multiple Vehicle Permit (PDF)
- Provisions for Home Businesses (PDF)
- Real Estate Broker Business License Application (PDF)
- Rental Property Business License Application (PDF)
Effective January 1, 2018, the $1.00 SB1186 DISABILITY ACCESS FEE will increase to $4.00
The Town's business license year begins June 1st and ends July 31st of the following year. Renewal notices are mailed at the end of the fiscal year, to businesses who hold a current Town of Hillsborough business license. Renewal is not required if no business will be conducted with the Town.
As of November 1, 2014, the San Mateo County Tax Collector's office will be taking over business licensing of unincorporated areas. For more information, please contact their office at (650) 599-5989.