At this time Town will be only accepting applications in electronic format.
Please follow the instructions below to submit your application to the appropriate staff member
Administrative-Level Applications (Non-ADU)
Administrative level applications are for projects which can be approved directly by Town staff. These projects include:
- Fences, Walls & Gates & Columns
- Landscape Design Review (not associated with a project requiring ADRB review)
- Tree Removal (applies to trees with a total diameter of 36’’ or more and tree groves)
- Film Permit Applications
- Variance Applications
- Minor & Major Architectural Design Review
- Minor: Additions less 500 sq. ft. with no changes to architectural style/exterior materials
- Major: Additions less than 500 sq. ft. and/or changes to architectural style/exterior materials
Please send all inquiries related to submittal of Administrative Level Applications to the Town's Associate Planner, Sarah Bowab at email@example.com .
Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) Applications
Review of ADU applications must adhere to specific State-mandated rules and requirements.
Please send all inquiries related to Accessory Dwelling Unit Applications to the Town's ADU Specialist, Radha Hayagreev at firstname.lastname@example.org appears to be an empty link with target mailto:email@example.com appears to be an empty link with target mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org appears to be an empty link with target mailto:email@example.com .
- ORD 777 - Amending CH 17.52 of the HMC relating to ADU's & JADU's
- ORD 778 - Amending Sections 17.52.020(E)(l)(a) AND 17.52.020(D)(4) of the HMC regarding maximum size of ADU
Architecture & Design Review Board (ADRB)-Level Applications
ADRB Level Applications are larger, more in-depth applications which require review from the Town’s Architecture and Design Review Board. ADRB Level Applications include the following project types:
- Preliminary Design Review
- New Houses
- Substantial Remodels that constitute a “tear down” and/or involve an architectural style change
- Formal Design Review
- Additions over 500 sq. ft.
- Second story additions of any size that are visible from the public right-of-way
- New Houses (must receive preliminary review by the ADRB prior to Formal review)
- New Subdivisions
- Landscaping Projects (only for projects associated with ADRB Level Applications)
- New Tennis Courts
More information on the ADRB may be found here: https://www.hillsborough.net/243/Architecture-Design-Review-Board
Please send all inquiries related to submittal of ADRB Level Applications to the Town's Associate Planner, Linda Roberson at firstname.lastname@example.org appears to be an empty link with target mailto:email@example.com .
SB9 Lot Splits and SB9 Two-unit Projects
Review of SB9 applications must adhere to specific State-mandated rules and requirements.
- SB9 Lot Split Application
- SB9 Two-unit Projects Applications
More information on SB9 Lot Splits and SB9 Two-unit Projects may be found here: https://www.hillsborough.net/604/SB-9-10
Please send all inquiries related to SB9 and submittal of SB9 Applications to Liz Ruess, Long-range Planning & Special Projects at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wireless Communication Facility (WCF) Applications
Applications must be made with the appropriate department, depending on where the WCF is proposed to be located.
- If on Private or Town-Owned Property: Building & Planning Department
- An appointment with a Planner is required prior to application submittal for projects on private or Town-owned property. Please call (650) 375.7422 for more information.
- If on Public Right-of-Way (PROW): Public Works Department
- An appointment with staff from the Public Works department is required prior to application submittal for projects in the PROW. Please call (650) 375.7444 for more information.
The Town's application form and 2019 Design Standards may be found below:
- WCF Application Form (All Projects) appears to be an empty link with target /DocumentCenter/View/3499/Ordinance-751-WCF-and-Utility-Infrastructure appears to be an empty link with target /DocumentCenter/View/3500/Resolution-19-03-Policy-19-01-WCF-and-Other-Infrastructure
- 2019 Wireless Design Standards
Your time is valuable please schedule an appointment to meet with a Planner by emailing the Planner directly.