Rebate Program Guidelines
High Efficiency Toilets (H.E.T.)
- Rebates are available for qualified (H.E.T) High Efficiency Toilet purchased and installed between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018.
- Rebate applications must be postmarked within 90 days of purchase. The amount of the rebates are $100 for a premium H.E.T. and $50 for a standard H.E.T.
- The Program is open to Town of Hillsborough residential water customers only.
- The program offers a maximum three (3) (H..E.T) High Efficiency Toilets per residential dwelling unit. Rebates are subject to available funds.
- To obtain a toilet rebate, the customer shall present an original unaltered and dated sales receipt for Town of Hillsborough approval as a proof of purchase. The make and model number of the toilet must be identified on the receipt, along with the customer's name and address. The customer shall provide proof that the toilet purchased meets the criteria for Ultra High Efficiency Toilet of 1.3 GPF or less.
- The customer shall complete the BAWSCA's application for the H.E.T. toilet rebate program.
- New building construction, additions and remodeling of homes, (except for single bathroom) DO NOT qualify for the rebate program. Replacement of an existing Ultra Low Flush Toilet with a new Ultra Low Flush Toilet does not qualify for the rebate program, however replacement with an (H.E.T) High Efficiency Toilet does qualify.
Lawn Be Gone Program
Get paid to transform your landscaping! Town of Hillsborough Water customers can receive a rebate of up to $1 per square foot to convert your lawn into a water-efficient landscape. Be a part of an innovative trend in landscaping and garden design that replaces traditional lawns with modern, eco-friendly plants, flowers and landscape elements. The result is an exciting and stylish landscape that saves money, is easy to maintain and conserves water.
How to participate
Participation is easy in five simple steps!
- Submit a Lawn Be Gone application.
- The contracted landscape company, Global Sun Landscape, will contact you to schedule a pre-conversion site inspection.
- When your site passes the pre-inspection, the Town will issue a "Notice to Proceed" giving you 4 months to complete your conversion. Lawns that have been converted without a pre-inspection will not be eligible for a rebate.
- After 90 days or project completion (whichever comes first), contact the contracted landscape company, Global Sun Landscape, to schedule a post-conversion inspection. Your receipts for materials and labor will be collected after this inspection.
- Receive your rebate check in the mail upon project approval (please allow 6-8 weeks for processing).
- Verify that you are a water customer of the Town of Hillsborough.
- A minimum of 200 sq. ft. of lawn must be converted.
- 80% of the converted area must consist of native plants, low-water using plants, or no-water using plants.
- Applicant must receive a pre-inspection and a "Notice to Proceed" before starting any lawn conversion work (including removal).
- Applicant must be the property owner (if the applicant is not the property owner, written permission from the property owner is required).
Please visit the Bay Area Water Supply and Conservation Agency website for more detailed information.