Rebate Program Guidelines
Smart Controller Instant Rebate
Exclusive Rebate on the Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler Controller
In partnership with participating water agencies, this limited-time program helps homeowners to maximize watering efficiency with discounted pricing on the Rachio Smart Irrigaiton Controllers. Customers of participating water agencies can receive a Rachio 3 Smart Irrigation Controller at a discounted price of $100 + tax (MSRP: $279.99). Receive premium smart watering technology until supplies run out!
Get your controller today before supplies run out!
The Rachio 3:
- Can save up to 50% of your outdoor water use.
- Costs you just $100 plus sales tax (up to a $270 retail value).
- Is compatible with almost any irrigation system—just swap out your old controller and continue using your existing pipes and sprinkler heads.
- Calculates when and how long to run your sprinklers.
- Adjusts to local weather conditions.
- Allows you to control your sprinklers from anywhere with your mobile device.
- Easily connects to Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple Homekit, Nest, and more.
Lawn Be Gone Program
Get paid to transform your landscaping! Town of Hillsborough Water customers can receive a rebate of up to $1 per square foot to convert your lawn into a water-efficient landscape. Be a part of an innovative trend in landscaping and garden design that replaces traditional lawns with modern, eco-friendly plants, flowers and landscape elements. The result is an exciting and stylish landscape that saves money, is easy to maintain and conserves water.
How to participate
Participation is easy in five simple steps!
- Submit a Lawn Be Gone application or Apply Online!
- The contracted landscape company, Global Sun Landscape, will contact you to schedule a pre-conversion site inspection.
- When your site passes the pre-inspection, the Town will issue a "Notice to Proceed" giving you 4 months to complete your conversion. Lawns that have been converted without a pre-inspection will not be eligible for a rebate.
- After 90 days or project completion (whichever comes first), contact the contracted landscape company, Global Sun Landscape, to schedule a post-conversion inspection. Your receipts for materials and labor will be collected after this inspection.
- Receive your rebate check in the mail upon project approval (please allow 6-8 weeks for processing).
- Verify that you are a water customer of the Town of Hillsborough.
- A minimum of 200 sq. ft. of lawn must be converted.
- 80% of the converted area must consist of native plants, low-water using plants, or no-water using plants.
- Applicant must receive a pre-inspection and a "Notice to Proceed" before starting any lawn conversion work (including removal).
- Applicant must be the property owner (if the applicant is not the property owner, written permission from the property owner is required).
Please visit the Bay Area Water Supply and Conservation Agency website for more detailed information. For more information on the benefits and considerations of installing Artificial Turf, please view this Fact Sheet.
Irrigation Hardware Rebates
Get your yard drought ready with high-efficiency irrigation devices! Rebates are available for high efficiency sprinkler nozzles, spray bodies with pressure regulation, and large rotors!
The Bay Area Water Supply & Conservation Agency (BAWSCA) is offering an Irrigation Hardware Rebate Program for the purchase and installation of irrigation equipment to enhance irrigation efficiency and to reduce water use. The program will provide rebates of up to $5 for High-Efficiency Sprinkler Nozzles, up to $10 for Spray Bodies with Pressure Regulation, and up to $30 for Large Rotors.
For the fastest rebate, APPLY ONLINE. You will need your water account number in order to register for an online account and submit your application.