Motor Vehicles

Vehicles such as mini-bikes, go-carts, trail bikes, or any converted vehicle with a gas motor must be fully licensed and the operator must carry a valid driver's license and registration slip when on any portion of the public roadway or shoulder whether the engine is turned on or not. Riding on your own property is permitted, provided there are no complaints of noise. Driving on others' private property requires special license plates and a liability waiver. The Fire Department may also prohibit riding in fire-prone areas. Anyone 15 years of age or older with a learner's permit or driver's license can own and ride a motorized bicycle (with 20 or less horsepower) once the bicycle has been registered with the State Department of Motor Vehicles. Use of approved safety helmets is mandatory.