Financial Advisory Committee
The Town is currently recruiting for upcoming openings on the Financial Advisory Committee. Applications, a letter of interest and resume are due to the City Clerk by noon on Friday, October 29. For more information and an application, visit: https://www.hillsborough.net/146/Boards-Committees.
Agendas, Notices and Minutes
Beginning in February 2021, Agendas, Notices and Minutes are available in the Agenda Center.
Supplemental Materials and Public Comments
- August 31, 2021 Meeting: Staff Presentation- Solid Waste Rate Study
- August 31, 2021 Meeting: Solid Waste Rate Study Report
- June 3, 2021 Meeting: Staff Presentation- LIBOR BONDS
- April 27, 2021 Meeting: Staff Presentation- FY 2021-22 Proposed Budget and Fee Schedule
- February 25, 2021 Meeting: Staff Presentation-Sewer Rate Study
Prior Agendas and Notices
- June 3, 2021 Agenda Packet
- April 27, 2021 Agenda Packet
- February 25, 2021 Agenda Packet
- December 3, 2020 Agenda Packet
- April 28, 2020 Agenda Packet
- June 3, 2021 Meeting Minutes
- April 27, 2021 Meeting Minutes
- February 25, 2021 Meeting Minutes
- December 3, 2020 Meeting Minutes
- April 28, 2020 Meeting Minutes
The committee meets at least four times a year and holds special meetings on an as-needed basis.
- Charles Adams, Chair
- Jeffrey Baxter
- Joel Friedman
- Michele Gutierrez
- Richard Kuersteiner
- Tom Maloney
- Christopher Do
- Marie Chuang, Council Liaison
- D. Paul Regan, Emeritus Advisor
- Jan Cooke, Staff Liaison, Finance Director
The 7 members of the Financial Advisory Committee are appointed by the City Council to advise the City Council and the city staff on the fiscal operations of the town. Representing a broad spectrum of expertise from the fields of accountancy, investment management and fiscal control, the members of the committee assist the City Council and city staff in preparation of the annual town budget; conduct quarterly and semi-annual budget reviews, monitor the town's investment program, assist in the development of capital expenditure projects, and monitor the enterprise funds. The Financial Advisory Committee assists in assuring conformity to laws regarding state spending limits, revenue and taxation, and audits.