Financial Advisory Committee
Notice of Vacancy: Recruitment Deadline Extended to Friday, May 21, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
Agendas, Notices and Minutes
Beginning in February 2021, Agendas, Notices and Minutes are available in the Agenda Center.
Prior Agendas and Notices
- April 27, 2021 Meeting Minutes
- February 25, 2021 Meeting Minutes
- December 3, 2020 Meeting Minutes
- April 28, 2020 Meeting Minutes
Supplemental Materials and Public Comments
- June 3, 2021 Meeting: Staff Presentation- LIBOR BONDS
- April 27, 2021 Meeting: Staff Presentation- FY 2021-22 Proposed Budget and Fee Schedule
- February 25, 2021 Meeting: Staff Presentation-Sewer Rate Study
The committee meets at least four times a year and holds special meetings on an as-needed basis.
- David Brooks, Chair
- Jeffrey Baxter
- Joel Friedman
- Michele Gutierrez
- Richard Kuersteiner
- Tom Maloney
- Vacant Seat
- Marie Chuang, Council Liaison
- D. Paul Regan, Emeritus Advisor
- Jan Cooke, Staff Liaison, Finance Director
The 7 members of the Financial Advisory Committee are appointed by the City Council to advise the City Council and the city staff on the fiscal operations of the town. Representing a broad spectrum of expertise from the fields of accountancy, investment management and fiscal control, the members of the committee assist the City Council and city staff in preparation of the annual town budget; conduct quarterly and semi-annual budget reviews, monitor the town's investment program, assist in the development of capital expenditure projects, and monitor the enterprise funds. The Financial Advisory Committee assists in assuring conformity to laws regarding state spending limits, revenue and taxation, and audits.