Public Works Sustainability Initiatives
- Department of Public Works Water Quality Flushing Conservation: The town’s Water Division combined its fire flushing and unidirectional flushing activities to significantly reduce the amount of water necessary to flush in order to test and maintain the town’s water system.
- Automated Flushing Units: The town’s Water Division designed and had manufactured an automated waster flushing unit. This unit will allow periodic, regular flushing of lines during non-peak use hours, reducing the overall amount of water necessary to maintain water quality in dead-end lines.
- The town’s vehicle fleet was converted to biofuel in 2006.
- The town conducted an energy audit with the California Energy Commission to provide recommendations on cost effective energy savings ideas.
- The town's SCADA system is a new pump system designed to provide better pump performance and scheduling, resulting in energy savings with an emphasis on non-peak energy usage.
The Town of Hillsborough makes no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the materials at this site or at other sites to which this website links. Links or references to other information or organizations do not constitute an endorsement.